Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Kangs Come to Savannah

We had a really great time this weekend when the Kangs came to play! It was a very pleasant, laid-back weekend. Saturday morning we had some clouds and wind, which were friendly companions for walking through town and down by the river.




It was very windy. We walked from my work up to the river, visited some shops down by the river, and strolled back down before taking a little drive through some of the Victorian district. Benjamin, true to form, was content. He was precious and sweet. I'm also going to claim that his first steps were here.

We went out to dinner back downtown, and then Sunday we went to a park that David found. Other than that, we were pretty chill. The Kangs sword fought each other on the Wii, which was much more entertaining for David and I than it probably was for them.

We also played a LOT of Settlers of Catan, a.k.a. the best game ever. The perfect mix between luck, strategy, and alliances.

And at last, I have to note that Benjamin has a new blankie: Katie's favorite Anthro shirt. The second he gets his hands on it his fingers go straight into his mouth (yes, Katie and Seung Hwan, I am narrating your kid's developments). As sad as it may be for Katie, it's one of the cutest things I've ever seen. It's always a treat to have family around, and David and I had a wonderful time hosting our first weekend house guests.




3 comments:

Katie said...

Claire and Davare were the perfect host and hostess. Everyone should go and visit and see their GREAT lives in Savannah. We had so much, thanks for everything!!

Claire said...

Good comment. Good comment.

david said...

I hope this nickname doesn't stick.