Update from David:
It is starting to get colder and feel more like northern Afghanistan should, I guess. I'm still doing very well. We have received many care packages from people we don't know. In them there were many letters that people across the country wrote to deployed soldiers. I found one from a 3rd grade class at Mountain View Elementary School in Marietta and have started correspondence with those kids. I have a pen pal (I guess multiple pen pals)! It's pretty neat to see people close to home reaching out to those of us over here. I also have been receiving care packages and letters of my own, which I am very thankful for. I want to say a special thanks to the Bishops for their kind letter and my parent's Sunday school class for a care package. Thank you all for the continued thoughts and prayers for Claire and myself. It's hard to believe that I've already been gone for almost a month. Time seems to be going by pretty fast here so far. I hope everyone is doing well back at home and has a wonderful Christmas season! Merry Christmas.
And here are some pictures he sent for the blog:
These are the planes they fly (when weather permits). It sounds like they're going to be able to fly today. I imagine that the wings end just outside of the frame of the picture, but it's a lot more fun to imagine that they go on a lot farther.



2 comments:
Thanks, David. It might seem mundane to you but I like getting to see a little of your enviornment, the Hunters, the tents, the GOCO. It helps me envision more about what you are doing in country. Keep em coming.
John
I've been meaning to comment! So sorry I'm just now getting around to it.
David, Thanks for keeping us updated. I love seeing where you're living and working. We missed you over Christmas, but we were thankful that we got to see Claire "talking" with you so much. We love you and are praying for you!!
Post a Comment