Friday, December 9, 2011

David's Pictures

Here are a couple of pictures that I took a couple days ago.

We are living in tents like these. There is a mountain range that is quite a view when it's not foggy. There is even some grass (no trees that I've seen) growing from the snow melt. They have us living 10 men to a tent, so it's kind of tight quarters - pardon my mess. Things are continuing to go well out here. It is real foggy in the mornings and it usually has been clearing up in the afternoons. We also got about 15 care packages for our soldiers and contractors from an organization. That was very generous of them. It had one entire box full of letters and cards to the troops. I noticed that some of them came from Atlanta which was pretty cool. I think I'm going to respond back to one letter in particular that came from a 3rd grade class at Mountain View Elementary School. I didn't recognize any of the writers, but it was really nice to see people close to home taking the time to write over here.



I hope everyone is doing well and that you have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for the pics!! Now we can picture where David staying. Hope you feel so much better Claire!

Martha said...

That is not at all what I pictured! Thank you for keeping us updated! So sweet about the letters and care packages.

GranMarty said...

Looks like the maid is washing the sheets.

SO glad to see your pics! Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Almost every day I hear from someone that they have been praying for you and Claire. We are so glad to see where you are staying and to get to look into your far away face. Be well.

Pops