Sunday, January 1, 2012

I spoke too soon

You know how I said 1000 times one or twice over Christmas that the last thing I needed was a dog?


Look who showed up on our porch this morning - hungry, tired, scared, and as cute as can be.  We've named him Ernest. As in Ernest Hemmingway.


Thankfully, we have sweet neighbors who loaned us a collar, leads, and a crate for the night.  And, one of my friends wants him and is okay with giving him back if his owners show up.

He's the sweetest dog we've ever met - he loves, and I mean, loves, Vale and let her hold him pretty much all day without trying to get away from her.  We wish we could keep him, but we know it's a truly bad idea.  Giving him up tomorrow, however, will not be fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really spectacular picture of Vale and Ernest. I love her eyes looking into the camera.
Pops

Happy said...

So sweet! Maybe in a few years, right?