It's such a tease that we can go and spend time
at the beach,
the same beach where we'll be in
September, and yet it's still so many months away from the family vacation. David is especially excitedto see if all the stories are really true.
It's been uncomfortably hot in Savannah, but out on the beach from 3:00 to 6:00 was some of the most pleasant weather I've ever experienced. The sun was hot but the breeze was cold, landing us in a nice middle ground of comfort. We really have loved being so close to the beach. Tybee is 30 minutes from us, and Folly Field is just under an hour, but the extra 30 minutes are totally worth it! Another year here and I'll have turned into a beach person.
I have gotten to know Savannah pretty well working downtown. I walk all over the place (usually between 2 and 10 blocks just to park my car, another 4 blocks to eat lunch in the park, and 6 blocks for meetings once or twice a week). It is quickly becoming my town. After a month of training in several buildings, I am back at home at my desk in the building Dad posted a picture of. Today I was actually doing my job. I still don't know what people are talking about half the time, but I'm starting to catch on. It feels very nice to be at my first training-wheels-free job. As my job is finally settling down, David's job is reminding us that it doesn't know the meaning of settling down. He worked from 1-4 today and just left again for the night. He's working on a training exercise tomorrow night too, and then readjusting to his normal 10-hour work day. Every day is a new adventure around here.
3 comments:
Y'all look great! Glad you are settling into your job. Hope you feel better.
Love the bright green and yellow beach chairs. David looks very "Richie-like" reading and relaxing at the beach!!!
I love you guys are enjoying married life! We love you and miss you. Wish we were closer to you guys (and closer to the beach :)
Post a Comment